Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chapter 1: The Induction Week



Assalamualaikum guys. It's quite a long time ago since my last update in my blog because I'm quite busy lately. In this post, I'll write about The Induction of Ta'aruf Week that was held in Centre for Foundation Studies International Islamic University Malaysia (CFS IIUM), Petaling Jaya which started last Sunday, 22 May 2011.

This event was conducted in conjunction of Ta'aruf Week (Orientation Week) that will be held on 31 May - 2 June 2011 for the new intake students. The reason why this event was conducted are to do a complete preparation for the Ta'aruf Week and to build teamwork spirit between the committees.

Well, for this Ta'aruf Week I was put in as the committee in Examinations Bureau. Our main job scope is mostly to monitor and make sure all the examinations conducted during the Ta'aruf Week to run smoothly. The exams are EPT (English Placement Test), APT (Arabic Placement Test), TEnT (Tilawah Entrance Test) and FKT (Fundamental Knowledge Test).

It seem to be easy rite? Actually it's complicated than it's really sounded. Managing an exam for a total of massive number of students are quite difficult. Therefore, we have to plan the flows of the exam in proper and nearly perfect in making sure this programme to run smoothly without any problem, insya allah.

What I'm going to write in this post is not just that part. I would like to write about the experience that I have gained from the "Team Building" activity that was held on the first day of induction. I really love this programme. It really do build the cooperation and teamwork spirit between different committees from all different bureaus. From this programmed, I glad that I can get to know many of new friends and also helps to build my confidence and communication skills when interacting with the team members and not being shy when we have to talk with others. Its also teach us to work better with other bureau's members as most of the programmes need the committees from different bureaus to work together when conducting any events. For example, the Examinations Bureau need the Preparation and Technical Bureau to get ready the things that needed by the Examination Bureau and this is also the same with other bureaus which they need each other in making this programme successful.

Not just that, today I have got the opportunities to be in what I think a really useful talk. The talk was all about the soft skills, communication skills, event management and how to be a good emcee (MC - Master of Ceremony). I'm quite enjoyed with that talk today.

Even this activity sounded quite exhausting and tiring for some others, but for me it's really fun (I really really really enjoyed it!). I can get a brand new experience which I might can't get it next time or anywhere as opportunities only come once. Plus, I'm also can get to know with many new friends and work with new people, new community and in a new team members in making sure this programme to run smoothly and nearly to be one of the perfect event ever, insya allah.

I hope that this programme will be a successful programme and the one that will be remembered as the most sweet memory in our life. The most important things in making a programme to be successful, the committees must work together, so teamwork and cooperation spirits are really important. Let's we work together and only because of Allah S.W.T and making the programme to be a success would become a reality, insya allah. Wasalam.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...